CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day One

Before I get into the challenge, I have to tell the tale of Day One. 
Here's the scoop:
  • Got the kids off to school - all four arguing, fighting, ended up with one grounded and arguing with me!
  • Started Day One cleaning project - dog has accident, child has accident, dog and child have accident, little cleaning accomplished
  • Venture to Target to get much needed organizational items - make quick exit from Target without a thing because said child from above throwing "gi-normous" temper tantrum, left out that other child threw herself on the floor in the store screaming.  No, really, didn't we have a full moon????
  • Meet hubby for lunch!!!!  (in the parking lot, I might add) Yeah, something went well! 
  • Returned home and successfully completed Day One just in time for hubs to come home and tell me we were having someone over. Never mind, that the rest of the house had been totally NEGLECTED!
  • Mom leaves for VIP night out at the Penguins game with a great friend! YEAH!!!!!!  All is well, except for the snowstorm inhibiting our path to the game! Not to mention, not knowing where the entrance was and walking blocks to find the "Correct" entrance for VIPS. 
  • Dinner - ummm, well, let's just say that I could have done without being a VIP for that one!  Just let me have my nachos and I'd be all good!  Seats - AMAZING!!!!  Three rows back from the goal!!!! Game - Pens shut out :-(
  • The Ride Home - HORRID! Given that we accumulated 6 to 8 inches from the time the got there until the game was over, the tunnel to get us home was completely shut down.  Rerouting..... longest way home, slow pace, but SAFE.  Get to our subdivision:
                      Completely Snowed Out!
After attempting four times to get through the subdivision, almost getting completely stuck, driving around aimlessly, calling the police (which, I must say, I know that officer thought we were STUPID!) and receiving "I don't know what to tell you."......
A plow finally arrived to clear our path. 

Ten minutes later...
the cop drives up as we are clearing our driveways.  (Let me just say here, too, that this is definitely not the South where hospitality is a common as warm days!)

Finally, to bed! Where the hubs grinning-ly asks, "So, you made it into the driveway?"
My "Knight In Shining Armor", how I do love you!!! (Even if you leave me stuck to fend for myself in the snow!) In his defense, he did clear me a path up the driveway.

I must say, it was quite a day!  In all honesty, though, I am so very blessed to have a  hubby who will stay home with the kids so that I can go to a hockey game with one of my favorite friends. I am also very blessed to have that amazing friend who thinks of me when she has an extra ticket!

God is Good, even when the day is bad!


Up next....
One Room A Day Challenge: Day One

0 comments:

Post a Comment