CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sweet Seven... Ramblings of a Mom




So my first baby girl turned seven...another year. Time flies. Time does not wait for me to be ready for her to grow.  God gave her to us as a gift, but only for a moment.  That time is passing quickly.  "In the blink of an eye" she will be a grown woman. 
This morning as I was reading my Bible, she wandered downstairs and into my lap (as she does each morning because she is always the first to wake).  What a treat to just sit and love on my girl.  What a special time we were able to share in the quiet of the morning before the day began.  As we sat together, I initially thought about needing time to finish my devotion.  Then, God revealed to me an opportunity I hadn't thought about... Teach her to do as I was doing.  I encouraged her to get her Bible and read with me.  So, she did!  I was fascinated just by watching her look up Scripture and read what God's Word had to say to her. This is the verse she chose:

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

My prayer for her today is that she hides this verse in her heart all her life.

Faith is believing in that which is unseen...
Hope is holding onto what could be...
And Love covers it all.

What a beautiful time spent together... I think I got my greatest Mother's Day gift this year a couple of days late! My hope is that we continue this devotion time together indefinitely!
Thank you, Lord, for these precious moments with her.





0 comments:

Post a Comment